An integral team member of the creative team; shaping content strategies born from a conceptual campaign idea, or leading ideation sessions for ‘always-on’ campaigns.
The role is ultimately responsible for generating ideas to produce best-in-class content across the McCann path-to-purchase, right from awareness to loyalty.
Working in collaboration with media/social planners, selecting the best formats and channel to tackle each objective along the customer journey, then shaping those ideas and making them a reality using the resources of the creative floor. Working closely with conceptual teams, to help guide their campaign ideas and bring them to life across channels, whilst on the more day-to-day work, generate ideas which will help fulfil our client’s goals.
For ‘always-on’ content, you will be responsible for overseeing the execution of the ideas by the Content Creator, ensuring it’s on brief, exceeds best practise to optimises performance. You will be responsbile to make sure all aspect of the content – visual/format/ copy work together to meet the content goal, and where possible consider A/B testing opportunities to enhance performance too.
You will be responsible for keeping abreast of new channels and content formats to influence the agencies outputs. Also seeking post campaign analysis and working collaboratively with the rest of the agency and client to optimise content to maximise exposure, efficiency and engagement.
- Define the optimum digital content channels across the path to purchase, based up objectives of client brief.
- Define the best idea and format to deliver the message to overcome each objective in the customer journey.
- Identity the correct formats to communicate the relevant messaging based on audience and placement, and help the creatives tailor their creative accordingly.
- Develop always-on content strategies for brands, based on key brand values and customer insight.
- Help define brand tone of voice and visual look and feel across digital content.
Content Ideation and Creation
- Develop ideas for ‘always-on’ content, working in collaboration with the Content Creator
- Campaign content – work in collaboration with the conceptual teams to develop the campaign idea across formats/channels
- Cohesive content whereby; format, channel and copy works together to communicate an effective message.
- From idea inception to delivery, responsible for the final output meeting best practice and on brief.
Best practise and organisation
- Keep abreast of digital content marketing, to inform new ideas and inspire others.
- Freely share knowledge, insight, best practice and ideas.
- To efficiently manage your workload and accurately record your time using the company timesheet system.
- Test and optimise content based on insights and PCA, working in collaboration with the media and social community leads.
- Appreciation of commercial goals, and an ability to take a planning or creative strategic though and translate it into their thinking.
- Get under the skin of the audience of what makes them tick, and deliver content which answers their needs
- Shape unique content strategies in response to; the objectives, audience insights, KPIs and brand guidelines.
- Be an inquisitive mind, and think like an editor, asking questions to seek compelling content to shape content strategies/plans.
- A sound and proven understanding of the role of content across; social, digital display, website, SEO and third party sites.
- Sound writing skills to produce compelling copy to complement the visual and content format, whilst maintaining brand TOV.
- Excellent communications skills, with solid English grammar
- Good presentation skills; writing presentations to sell you content ideas to internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in directing and leading a content team to capture and produce class leading content
- Capable of interpreting insights into actions to optimise content performance.
- Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills.
- Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- Self-motivated, driven, with a can-do, problem solving attitude.
- Highly focused, to deliver single-minded creative work.
- Objectify and rationalise thinking and planning
- Lead and motivate others to bring ideas to life
- Highly passionate about content – in and out of work. 24/7. Capturing and sharing content in an entertianing way.
- Analytical and inquisitive to optimise performance.
- Excellent attention to detail, recognising where creativity/craft should be pushed
- Diplomatic and tactful