McCann Central is the UK’s largest integrated agency, comprising 500+ people over four offices (Birmingham, Bristol, London, Milton Keynes) with a massive range of job roles and skills.
To ensure we attract, retain and develop the best people it is essential every person has a clear career path, and the appropriate learning and development to support that journey. Equally importantly, we want to evolve our culture of inclusivity and diversity to provide an environment where everyone feels engaged and able to fulfil their potential. This is where our Learning & Development Manager comes in.
As part of McCann Worldgroup UK, and members of the IPA (The Institute of Practitioners in Advertising), we are able to access and utilise a whole of host of training and qualifications, from online to classroom, and we also look to develop our own programmes and learning interventions. These include our recently-launched Front&Centre Leadership initiative, in-house Masterclasses and sector-specific skills.
The Learning and Development Manager is responsible for devising, leading and delivering all aspects of the above.
Key tasks include:
* Organising internal workshops, liaising with trainers, monitoring attendance, liaising with delegates, keeping calendar up-to-date, monitoring L&D budget. Delivering own training and development
* Activating global tools (online learning platform)
* Working with McCann Worldgroup on development and delivery of central learning initiatives
* IPA: booking employees on workshops/ qualifications, monitoring.
* Front & Centre: organising workshops
* Implementation of employee engagement initiatives
* Performance Coaching platform support/ reporting, running review sessions, one-to-one consultation on development and job descriptions
* Leading on diversity & inclusion initiatives: Stepping into the Spotlight, inclusion club, mental health awareness etc.
* Drive communications across all four offices
The key objective of this role is to understand our business and develop/deliver strategies that allow our people to fulfil their potential. When this happens we attract and retain great people, which in turn allows us to produce great work and provide great service, which attracts and retains great clients.
Our Learning & Development Manager should be able to create new and innovative initiatives and programmes, work alongside existing partners, and ensure consistency across every office/business unit. They will be experienced in delivering a range of L&D interventions, be passionate about employee development and diversity, and be attracted to the ever changing nature of working in an evolving and creatively led marketing agency culture.
Sound good? Join us! Please submit your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES
For us, diversity is a business imperative – one that must be embedded into every aspect of how we operate in order to drive success. Simply put, we believe an encouraging and inclusive environment makes sound business sense.
As a globally integrated community that influences and shapes culture, it’s vital that the talent mix in our agencies encompass all dimensions of diversity, and that we demand the same of the people we work with.
Conscious inclusion encompasses social, cultural and cognitive differences and cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It is the integration of this philosophy that allows us to create meaningful experiences for our employees, drive better business practices with our vendors and clients, and ultimately lead with purpose.