Universal McCann is the specialist media division of McCann, handling media budgets for an array of world class brands. To help us continue delivering cutting edge campaigns we’re looking for a Managing Partner to lead all our broadcast activity.
Reporting in to the Managing Director, this is an exciting role within, working across our full portfolio of broadcast clients, many of which are integrated with the wider McCann Central full service advertising agency proposition.
Why would you want to work here?
McCann Central is the UK’s largest integrated agency, with over 500 forward-thinking individuals working together to help brands play a significant role in people’s lives.
We’re one of the most successful agencies in McCann’s global network and of our people are based outside London, proving you don’t have to uproot and move to the capital in order to work on world-class campaigns. In fact, a significant number have moved in the opposite direction and seen their careers continue to flourish.
We’re also part of McCann Worldgroup, a global agency network that delivers groundbreaking work for some of the world’s biggest brands. To back this up, McCann Worldgroup has recently been voted the most effective global agency, Campaign’s European Integrated Agency of the Year and McCann Central walked away from Cannes Lions 2018 weighed down by not one, but four Lions.
McCann Central is a place where ideas flourish, with a culture that’s both encouraging and unafraid to push boundaries. We’re home to a team of incredible thinkers and doers, from an eclectic mix of backgrounds, with a truly omnichannel approach.
What do we need from you?
You’ll be leading our broadcast team, so it’s essential you have an extensive background in broadcast channels, with impeccable TV planning & buying credentials.
In particular, you’ll know what drives customer acquisition and have an knack of developing direct response activity that engages both new and existing customers.
What you’ll be responsible for…
- Leading client accounts within the Broadcast Team, with overall responsibility for the client agency relationship.
- You’ll take responsibility for the delivery of media planning, buying and in-campaign optimisations to ensure our clients’ needs are met and any business issues are addressed.
- Working with the Planning team to interrogate client briefs, by challenging and asking questions, to develop communications briefs that meet clients’ needs
- Owning senior relationships with clients, to build professional trust and influence leading to long term loyalty
- Developing a highly commercial understanding of the client’s business – business parameters objectives and priorities
- Taking ownership of advising clients regarding budget allocation and makes evidenced and effective decisions
- Applying expert knowledge, commercial awareness and influencing skills to maximise account profitability
- Quantifying the halo effect of TV across other media channels in order to help develop truly omen-channel activity
- Managing the performance and professional development of your hugely talented team.
And the rewards?
In addition to a competitive salary we are committed to creating a brilliant environment for all our people. This includes benefits such as 28 days holiday, plus the opportunity to buy more holiday, enhanced pension contributions, life assurance and much more.
A culture of learning and development is also central to our ethos, so you’ll have access to industry leading training and development programmes, plus you’ll get to work closely with the world’s biggest media partners to access exclusive features and products.
Most importantly, you’ll be part of a fun and collaborative team and you’ll work in an environment where you are supported, pushed and developed.
At McCann, we’ve spent more than a century building successful brands using one simple philosophy: Truth Well Told. It’s our belief that consumer insights based on truth are crucial to building brands that last.
Working with McCann will be both fun and challenging. We want you to grow with us and create work our clients will be excited about and that you will feel proud of.
Sound good? Join us! Please submit your CV to: email@example.com
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Our commitment to equal opportunities
For us, diversity is a business imperative – one that must be embedded into every aspect of how we operate in order to drive success. Simply put, we believe an encouraging and inclusive environment makes sound business sense.
As a globally integrated community that influences and shapes culture, it’s vital that the talent mix in our agencies encompass all dimensions of diversity, and that we demand the same of the people we work with.
Conscious inclusion encompasses social, cultural and cognitive differences and cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It is the integration of this philosophy that allows us to create meaningful experiences for our employees, drive better business practices with our vendors and clients, and ultimately lead with purpose.