McCann Birmingham is part of McCann Worldgroup, the world’s largest advertising and communications network. You’ll find us in over 200 cities in 130 countries. The best connected local, global agency in town and we’re actively recruiting for a Marketing/Account Executive to work on one of our most exciting accounts.
As an Account Executive you’re right in the thick of the action, liaising with both client and colleagues in the agency, for the pursuit of the great creative and impressive results. Your desire to provide best in class client care (internally and externally), is demonstrated by taking on and delivering tasks that any would leave mere mortals aghast.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Excellent attention to detail and very well organised
- Ability to keep on top of the status of a number of projects
- A creative eye, with the ability to communicate your opinions
- Well organised and excellent attention to detail. Have we emphasised that enough?!
- Proven experience at other Advertising Agencies
- Professional and very personable. You’re an Account Handling Guru, so you’re the life-and-soul, light-up-the-room, good-company-for-clients-and-team-alike, type.
- A keen interest in all things Digital & CRM
- Literate and numerate. That means you write well (including in your job application), and have great commercial acumen.
Nowadays, a one-size-fits-all mentality no longer works. Nor is simple communications integration. The industry needs to embrace genuine channel neutrality. That’s why we offer a complete 360 service – delivered by award-winning specialists, all under one roof and united by our central Transformation Way planning process.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB
To assist agency teams to ensure that each account is smooth running and profitable, and that the highest level of creative work is achieved by the Agency. This is achieved by getting being the go-to person who covers it all and gets stuck in, working alongside your colleagues in a number of departments, including; Creative, Digital, Planning and Research.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF YOUR JOB
- Build good working relationship with both client and agency colleagues
- Fulfil all allotted tasks quickly, efficiently and to the highest possible standards
- Collation of information (desk research) for new briefs
- Management of a number of digital projects at any given time
- Accurate paperwork pertaining to all account handling department business as required
- Ensure meeting rooms booked, and confirm attendance of all parties in good time
- Develop good understanding of client’s business and competitors
- Listen carefully to client requests and report them accurately
- Brief all jobs accurately and expediently
- Check that client approvals are sought and given prior to commencement of any work
- Proof read meticulously before presenting creative proposals internally or externally
- Great with people
- A good listener
- Interpretative/lateral thinker
- Good team player
- Numerate and with good attention to detail
- Works well under pressure
- Positive and pro-active
- Flexible and with quick reactions
- PC/Mac (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Languages desirable
- Clean driving licence
We’ve just celebrated the most successful year in the history of the agency, and are on track to top that again for 2018. We’re being picky with who we hire, but it means you’ll be part of what we believe to be the best team in the industry.
A bit of sell: McCann is a Gold Investor In People. We’ve got training coming out of our ears and track record of promoting from within. We provide breakfast, chocolate, fruit and a load of other nice stuff that just might make every day a little better.