Who we are
McCann Central is the UK’s largest integrated agency, with over 500 forward-thinking individuals working together to help brands play a significant role in people’s lives.
Central is one of the most successful agencies in McCann’s global network. Most of our people are based outside London, proving you don’t have to uproot and move to the capital in order to work on world-class campaigns. In fact, a significant number have moved in the opposite direction and seen their careers continue to flourish.
We’re also part of McCann Worldgroup, a global agency network that delivers groundbreaking work for some of the world’s biggest brands. To back this up, McCann Worldgroup has recently been voted the most effective global agency, Campaign’s European Integrated Agency of the Year and McCann Central walked away from Cannes Lions 2018 weighed down by not one, but four Lions.
Our Birmingham office is a place where ideas flourish, with a culture that’s both encouraging and unafraid to push boundaries. We’re home to a team of incredible thinkers and doers, from an eclectic mix of backgrounds, with a truly omnichannel approach.
Which is where you come in…
The part you’ll play
We’re looking for a Media Planning Director to join Universal McCann, our Media Planning business, working with major brands across a range of vertical markets from travel and retail, to finance and consumer goods.
You’ll take ownership of the strategic development of clients’ media recommendations, based on an in-depth understanding of their market, competitors, and customers. Which means that you’ll have a demonstrable ability to work across all media channels and a knack of identifying actionable insights that unlock a brief and creating compelling media solutions that excite clients and drive awareness.
Our truly integrated approach will see you working closely with the McCann creative planning team to deliver a unified strategic approach on integrated clients which, we believe, makes it an incredible opportunity.
We know job titles can sometimes be restrictive so we’re open-minded about the ‘role’ you’re currently sat in; for example, it could be that you’re a comms planner or an experienced Senior/Group Account Director who’s looking for that opportunity to move into media planning.
What we’d like to see (AKA: the bullet points)
- Clear ability to interrogate client briefs to reveal a new perspective on the challenge for media.
- Involvement in work across a broad spectrum of categories, with media being used for pure brand activity, pure direct response, and/or anything in between.
- Experience of growing existing clients, as well as taking a lead role in new business pitches.
- An ability to use a broad range of insight sources to inform media planning recommendations, be it observations from creative development, evaluation from econometric modeling, or more cultural trends that impact the way we all now live.
- You’ll have substantial experience with media planning tools and systems.
- You will be confident in articulating media strategy and channel plans that both excite and provoke clients, while also motivating and encouraging our implementational media experts to deliver the very best recommendations to meet the brief.
- Motivated by the chance to work with our wider analytics and leadership team, to develop the future role of media planning in the agency.
- A deep understanding of commercials that allows you to recommend appropriate media planning work on all media clients.
- A desire to take responsibility for personal and team learning and development
At McCann, we’ve spent more than a century building successful brands using one simple philosophy: Truth Well Told. It’s our belief that consumer insights based on truth are crucial to building brands that last.
Working with McCann will be both fun and challenging. We want you to grow with us and create work our clients will be excited about and work you will feel proud of.
Please submit your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org