Are you a PR Account Manager with a passion for storytelling and writing? A thirst for a newsworthy story and a hunger for securing great coverage for your clients? Are you looking for the next step in your career, working on some fantastic national consumer campaigns? If so, we’d like to discuss an exciting new opportunity with you.
You’ll be working for Bright, part of McCann Central. This represents an incredible opportunity for any aspiring PR professional, in that you’ll be working on Bright’s exciting portfolio of consumer accounts, whilst being surrounded by & having access to the wider disciplines and creative resources within McCann.
We’re looking for an experienced consumer Account Manager to work on an array of exciting national consumer PR accounts, which will mean that day-to-day you’ll be involved a range of activity from traditional PR & media relations to social media and influencer activity.
Ideally, you’ll have a base of experience at Account Manager level, but if you’re on the cusp of stepping up, we’d still love to hear from you.
WHAT WE’D LIKE TO SEE
- A confident and capable PR professional with strong writing and attention to detail, coupled with experience of producing a variety of content e.g. press releases, blog copy, features and social media content
- A positive and proactive attitude to work – this one is key for us. We look for people who can demonstrate proactivity, initiative and who are always keeping abreast of the latest thinking in the industry
- A calmness under pressure and when working to tight deadlines (from clients and media alike)
- A sense of fun – to deliver our best work, it’s crucial our people enjoy what they do
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Working closely with senior team members to manage client accounts day-to-day, offering consultancy and direction regarding their PR and social media requirements
- Supervising an account executive and senior account executive’s press release writing and general account activity
- Preparing and delivering clear briefs for 3rdparties (e.g. photographer/designer/printer/suppliers etc.)
- Effectively managing your time to ensure clients receive the best possible levels of service and PR consultancy
- Retaining a clear focus on meeting (and exceeding) client objectives
- Working to a management style that is positive and impactful with others
- Helping junior members through mentoring and empowerment
- Delegating workloads (upwards and downwards) as required
- Applying rigorous quality control over team output
- Processing invoices, quotations and purchase orders with awareness of supplier costs
Bright is now part of the McCann Central team, forming a PR, social media and content team of 60 specialist consultants.
Located in Shirley, Solihull, McCann Central is the UK’s largest integrated agency and part of McCann Worldgroup, a global agency network that delivers culture-shaping work for some of the world’s biggest brands. As part of an integrated agency, we have full access to a wide range of disciplines including planning, research, creative, media and digital as well as specialist social media and media training teams within the PR and Social team.
We’re highly awarded and deliver stand out results for our clients, with an incredible client portfolio across retail, travel, leisure and home interest.
We provide a clear career progression plan including extensive training and development opportunities, plus we’re one of the first agencies in the country to gain the Investors in People gold award, and one of the first agencies outside London to gain accreditation on the IPA’s (Institute of Practitioners in Advertising) continuous development programme – CPD. Our extensive training programme comprises internal and external CIPR and IPA courses and our own McCann Worldgroup courses.
And it’s not just about work – we have a lot of fun too, in fact our social committee keep us pretty busy. From monthly PR team meetings, to in-house yoga classes and our fabulous Christmas and summer parties.
Sound good? Join us! Please submit your CV to: email@example.com
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES
For us, diversity is a business imperative – one that must be embedded into every aspect of how we operate in order to drive success. Simply put, we believe an encouraging and inclusive environment makes sound business sense.
As a globally integrated community that influences and shapes culture, it’s vital that the talent mix in our agencies encompass all dimensions of diversity, and that we demand the same of the people we work with.
Conscious inclusion encompasses social, cultural and cognitive differences and cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It is the integration of this philosophy that allows us to create meaningful experiences for our employees, drive better business practices with our vendors and clients, and ultimately lead with purpose.