We are looking for someone to lead the quantitative side of our research business – an experienced quant researcher who loves to discover the insights that can fuel brilliant strategies and powerful ideas.
Someone who can take full ownership of our quantitative offer, developing our presence within the agency and with our clients and building a toolkit that leverages our existing strengths and introduces new ones.
An inspirational mentor who sees developing our exceptional junior talent as a fundamental part of their role.
A deep understanding of brand and communications is a must, with examples of where research has helped to deliver effective brand strategies or impact on the direction of successful creative work a strong advantage.
A love for numbers, questionnaire writing and of course telling compelling stories through data are absolutely pre-requisites.
A flare for winning new business and providing genuine client partnership.
Role and responsibilities
Ownership of quantitative offer:
- Supported by the Research Director (Qual) and Board Strategy Director, responsibility for developing, packaging, selling and delivering an industry-leading quantitative toolkit
- Taking a lead on all significant quantitative projects, with oversight of those being managed by other team members
- Management of revenue and profitability on all quantitative projects
- Writing and delivering insightful, story-led debriefs which look awesome
Mentoring and Development:
- Developing the quantitative skill set of the team through both formal and informal mentoring of junior staff
- Line management of at least one team member
- Identifying new opportunities, writing proposals, supporting wider agency pitches
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive experience in quantitative research, ideally in a brand and communications environment
- Excellent analytical skills
- Evidence of an ability to positively influence strategy and communication through research
- A communicator with high levels of impact in all channels
- A keen interest in brands, advertising, people and culture
- Ability to lead a team
- Diligent and passionate about delivering high quality work, but does not take themselves (or the work) too seriously
- Proven track record on winning new business and delivering profitable projects
- Natural networker and relationship builder. Able to build relationships throughout the agency and network to become the go-to-person for anything and all things quant
Who we are:
We’re the Birmingham branch of the world’s largest advertising and communications network – McCann Worldgroup – which boasts over 200 offices in 130 countries worldwide. Yep; the one from MadMen. The one in your University textbooks. That one. And last year McCann netted 96 Cannes Lions, so creativity really is at the forefront of everything we do.
McCann’s Birmingham business employs more than 400. If you want to join an iconic network agency that offers you the chance to work on this tier one client & the opportunity to progress your career with a great development programme, get in touch now.
McCann Central runs as a full-service research agency sitting at the heart of the wider McCann Central agency.
McCann Central’s Research team sits amongst strategic planners, copywriters, art-directors, digital, media and account teams. This leaves us uniquely placed to uncover the insights that can drive business success and to draw on all of this expertise when recommending how to action them. An additional benefit is the unique ability for us to see the impact of our insight come to life in effective creativity
We offer a full set of qualitative and quantitative capabilities for clients of the wider agency and a range of direct research clients.
What we offer:
- As part of McCann Worldgroup we offer a world-class training and development programme
- Regular learning and development from across the business through our series of lunchtime Masterclasses
- Access to a unique Research Collective – a collaborative community of insight talent across McCann Worldgroup agencies to work with, share and collaborate on everyday insight projects as well as global studies
- Clear career progression opportunities within the business
- The opportunity to work closely with other McCann businesses and offices, where required – including McCann London, McCann Demand and McCann Health
- An industry-leading range of competitive benefits including: up to 25 days holiday per annum, childcare vouchers, contributory pension scheme, annual discretionary bonus, access to bespoke product and service discounts, cycle to work scheme, on-site bistro and much more
Required skills and experience
- Over 6 years’ experience in a quantitative research role
- A full, clean UK driving licence
- Experience developing and delivering new quantitative tools an advantage
- Brand and communications experience an advantage
Please submit your CV to: email@example.com