McCann Central are the UK’s largest agency outside of London, with over 500 staff and an amazing and ever-growing client portfolio including Barclays, JCB, Admiral, Hermes, Sunseeker, General Motors and MasterCard. As part of our continued expansion we are now looking for a talented Solution Architect with knowledge and proven experience of developing & supporting large scale solutions across multiple regions.
As our Solution Architect you will assist in the planning and delivery of our medium and large-scale engagements. The role spans the entire project life cycle from the initial inception to delivery and into platform support, with the focus is towards the early stages. You will be heavily involved in the initial planning and definition of the solution, working closely with the client and project delivery teams to ensure quality delivery.
We use a wide range of technologies and approaches – micro-services, IaaS, PaaS & Sass – selecting which is best-suited to the problem. Part of your role will be to work with the wider team to suggest & identify these, providing strong reasoning to ensure client confidence in the solution.
As our Solution Architect you will plan and assist in delivery of medium to large-scale technology engagements, including micro service platforms, PaSS / SaSS environments and Azure based projects. You will have a key role in driving our technical solutions forward and delivery quality across all of our major accounts, working alongside strategic, creative and development teams from scoping through to execution. We are looking for an experienced and driven individual with a desire to push the boundaries of digital technologies. The chosen candidate will be someone that can build, motivate and influence the digital team in pursuit of world-class, award-winning experiences.
We are looking for a leader with a natural ability to understand and predict from afar how all the pieces will fit together and identify potential issues and risks early on to develop mitigation strategies and contingency plans.
The successful candidate will have advanced communication and negotiation skills, as well as an innate ability to simplify complex technology concepts and to plan, prioritise and seamlessly integrate all moving parts to deploy successful solutions.
Role Duties / Tasks
This is the list of duties we would expect the candidate to perform on a regular basis;
- Technical Leadership You will be helping to lead and shape projects from the very start, including planning infrastructure, relevant technology stacks and working with the development team to guide the development of interfaces. Work with our discipline team leads to ensure what we produce is always improving, by adding value & creating a better product that we can all be proud of.
- Client Involvement You will be involved from the very start of projects, assisting the client teams to translate needs to technical requirements & solutions. You will be meeting regularly with both client and internal stakeholders during the project life cycle to assist in definition of our solution and present back.
- Relationships & Communication As a key member of the project you will regularly be the client-facing representative of the technical team. You will need to be able to explain and communicate complex technology and concepts to stake holders in a simplified manner to ensure everyone is
- Standards You will document and set out project approach and standards, providing detail of the solution from high level abstracts to in depth technical representations of the solution using industry standard methods. You will be responsible for key documentation deliverables during the project life cycle.
- Agile & Processes As our Solution Architect you will be helping adjust and improve our internal processes, in particular the relationship between client services & technical delivery. We follow an agile approach (mostly SCRUM or Kanban) and you will assist the team in converting requirements to stories and complexity rating the tasks. We run demonstrations and retrospectives and the end of sprints where you will be directly involved with presentation and feedback.
Skills / Expertise:
5 years or more experience covering
- Enthusiastic, driven, self-motivated with a focus on result-driven problem solving
- Experience in developing and delivering large scale platforms
- Experience collaborating with multi-discipline teams to achieve shared goals
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages (e.g. C#, MSSQL, etc.) and the ability to propose alternative solutions and cost-benefit analysis based on these technologies.
- Advanced skills in modern server technologies, in particular Azure.
- Experience creating CI / CD workflows using ARN templates, Azure CLI and VSTS (Azure dev ops)
- An excellent understanding of best practices across technologies (client/server-side, QA, deployment, project management etc.).
- Experience working within an agile environment
Please submit your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org