We are currently recruiting for a Commercial Finance Executive to provide support into our fast paced Finance Department. This role requires you to provide high quality support to the relevant business teams, ensuring work in progress is effectively managed and invoices are issued in a timely and accurate manner. You will play a key role in ensuring processes are complied with and best practice accounting is undertaken at all times. In addition you will provide support to account teams and other agency leads to navigate finance systems and ensure a healthy work in progress position is maintained at all times.
We’re the Birmingham branch of the world’s largest advertising and communications network – McCann Worldgroup – which boasts over 200 offices in 130 countries worldwide. Experiencing significant growth, we require a proactive, driven individual who can hit the ground running and make a positive contribution to our ongoing success.
The role involves;
- Understanding and managing the WIP and billing fundamentals; monitor profitability and budgets as required.
- Preparation of work-in-progress reports and monitoring of WIP & billing for specified clients or divisions ensuring recovery of committed costs.
- Preparation and coordination of existing, and development of new, monthly reports as required.
- Support the implementation of new information systems or technologies in line with the changing needs of the business.
- Maintain areas of master data in the system in line with agency standards and provide other adhoc financial tasks as required.
- System maintenance including estimate approvals, billing profiles and job closing to ensure an accurate up to date WIP position.
- Taking an active role in month end closedown to ensure the accurate and timely production of monthly management information data and reports.
- Monitoring of fees for key clients involving analysis and reporting to track actual performance versus target, time reporting, variance analysis and PO tracking.
Key skills and attributes;
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships within the finance office and the wider business
- Highly numerate with a meticulous attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure, with large volumes of data whilst consistently meeting deadlines
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills and an ability to prioritise workload
- The ability to adapt and respond to meet changing agency needs and requirements
- Working knowledge of systems including SAP and the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel
You will be either part qualified in one of the major accounting qualifications e.g. AAT, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA etc or have previous experience of working in a commercial finance role.
We’ve just celebrated the most successful year in the history of the agency, and are on track to top that again for 2019. We’re being picky with who we hire, but it means you’ll be part of what we believe to be the best team in the industry.
A bit of sell: McCann is a Gold Investor in People. We’ve got training coming out of our ears and track record of promoting from within. We provide breakfast, chocolate, fruit and a load of other nice stuff that just might make every day a little better.