At McCann Central we’re expanding our technical support team, which means that if you’re an ambitious Infrastructure Technician, we’ve got an exciting opportunity that’s tailor made for you.
The role will be based in our Birmingham office, but will also include supporting sites Bristol and Milton Keynes.
Why would you want to work here?
McCann Central is the UK’s largest integrated advertising agency, with over 500 forward-thinking individuals working together to help brands play a significant role in people’s lives.
We’re one of the most successful agencies in McCann Worldgroup, a global advertising agency network that delivers groundbreaking work for some of the world’s biggest brands.
McCann Central is a place where ideas flourish, with a culture that’s both encouraging and unafraid to push boundaries. We’re home to a team of incredible thinkers and doers, from an eclectic mix of backgrounds, with a truly omnichannel approach.
What do we need from you?
This is an incredible opportunity for an Infrastructure Technician with excellent customer service skills to join an award winning and successful organisation that are looking to train and develop the right individual.
You will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills, with the responsibility of providing technical support to all users, as well as infrastructure support. It is highly important that excellent interpersonal skills are combined with a methodical approach.
The role is a fantastic opportunity for someone to further their career in IT, gaining exposure to various aspects of a market leading and growing advertising company.
As our new Infrastructure Technician, you will be:
- Responsible for infrastructure operations and technical support queries, problems and incidents, utilising all available support materials and expertise to successfully restore systems to full working order.
- Responsible for accurate call logging providing details on resolution and lessons learnt.
- Responsible for resolving issues promptly and efficiently, coupled with sound technical trouble shooting capabilities.
Which means your key skills and attributes will include:
- Ability to document and explain infrastructure and technical problem resolutions to other members of the team.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to relay complex technical information to non-technical staff.
- Up to date with the latest technologies
- Solid understanding of the importance of meeting tight deadlines.
- A calm, logical, self assured, highly organised and service-orientated IT support professional.
- A focus on customer satisfaction, with strong interpersonal skills and responsiveness
- Teamwork: We work as a team where everyone has a willingness to roll their sleeves up and tackle, or assist with any technical issue.
Technical experience we’ll need you to have:
Basic experience in troubleshooting relevant, common technologies, such as:
- Microsoft Windows server 2008 R2 and above
- VM Ware v6.5
- Appreciation of storage technologies such as NAS and SAN
- Microsoft Office, 365 and other associated applications
- Common Business Applications
Plus, any exposure to the following would be a major advantage:
- Mac OS
- Office 365
- Understanding of networks for trouble shooting.
- Knowledge and experience of Zendesk or similar call-logging system an advantage.
- Experience of remote administration, fault finding and resolution
And the rewards?
In addition to a competitive salary, we are committed to creating a brilliant environment for all our people. This includes benefits such as 28 days holiday, plus the opportunity to buy more holiday, enhanced pension contributions, life assurance and much more.
A culture of learning and development is also central to our ethos, so you’ll have access to industry leading training and development programmes.
Most importantly, you’ll be part of a fun and collaborative team and you’ll work in an environment where you are supported, pushed and developed.
At McCann, we’ve spent more than a century building successful brands using one simple philosophy: Truth Well Told. It’s our belief that consumer insights based on truth are crucial to building brands that last.
Working with McCann will be both fun and challenging. We want you to grow with us and create work our clients will be excited about and that you will feel proud of.
Sound good? Join us! Please submit your CV to: email@example.com
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Our commitment to equal opportunities
For us, diversity is a business imperative – one that must be embedded into every aspect of how we operate in order to drive success. Simply put, we believe an encouraging and inclusive environment makes sound business sense.
As a globally integrated community that influences and shapes culture, it’s vital that the talent mix in our agencies encompass all dimensions of diversity, and that we demand the same of the people we work with.
Conscious inclusion encompasses social, cultural and cognitive differences and cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It is the integration of this philosophy that allows us to create meaningful experiences for our employees, drive better business practices with our vendors and clients, and ultimately lead with purpose.